Chainsaws are outdoor power tools that are effective in helping you with manual labor and DIY tasks. Though efficient, you need to be cautious of your actions while handling it.
Your thoughts and safety measures should be more elaborate and well-planned if you are working with a chainsaw. It poses various health concerns for you, and they are of contrasting nature.
For instance, its noise contributes to raising the noise pollution levels around you. Furthermore, your face is subjected to endure the fall out of the fragments and debris that escape when you work on a wood log using your chainsaw.
Human eyes are sensitive to everything of extreme nature. If you don’t cover them while you use your chainsaw, then it can lead to some severe problems for your eyes.
5 Best Chainsaw Helmets Review
Forestry Safety Helmet
The manufacturers of forestry safety helmet are known for their advanced designs and undisputed relevancy. They have always put their customers’ satisfaction above everything else; hence, none can stop their struggle to be better with their latest releases.
The forestry safety helmet is reliable and user-friendly. It doesn’t burden its wearer with its intricate design and prefers minimality over extravagance.
Features of Forestry Safety Helmet:
- Protection for your Head: Your skull’s protection is given top priority in this helmet’s design as it was made from Propylene. The top side of the mask is impact resistant as it is made from high-density material.
Aside from being completely secure, its manufacturer has ensured that you feel comfortable while wearing it hence the soft head cradle for your comfort. It also has six vents at the top of the skull to guarantee the flow of air so that your head stays cool.
- Deflects Harmful Sounds: The inclusion of protective earmuffs in this helmet’s design is compulsory for noise reduction. These earmuffs do not include metal in its production and have PVC and soft fabric material to cushion your ears. You must not worry about comfort while using these.
They diminish noises up to 30 dB (NRR) and can withstand 23 dB of signal to noise decrease (SNR). You can quickly move these earmuffs up when you are not working.
- Enhanced Face Protection: It keeps your face protected from possible debris fall out with the help of its mesh face screen and visor. The visor is made from polycarbonate, which is a durable and robust material that can withstand substantial impacts efficiently.
The mesh and the visor are both lightweights can be moved up and down; however, you see fit.
- Advanced security with Hi-viz orange color.
- Impressive noise reduction.
- Made per ANSI Z89.1-2003 Class G-E-C standards
- Adjustable mesh & earmuffs
- 1-year warranty.
- Face mesh hinders visibility.
- Earmuffs and helmet are intimately connected.
- Unclear instructions manual.
Neiko 4-in-1 Safety Helmet
Neiko is a revolutionary manufacturer that develops and designs outdoor power tools as well as other construction tools. Their primary purpose is to assist their customers in solving their everyday lives’ problems related to manual labor.
Developers at Neiko value innovation and trust, which is why they have tried to perfect their designs to stay in their customers’ good books. Their latest attempt to please their users is Neiko 4-in-1 safety helmet.
This safety helmet is trusted by many and is efficient in protecting its user.
Features of Neiko 4-in-1 Safety Helmet:
- Efficient Face Shield: Neiko 4-in-1 safety helmet protects your face using two different face shields. Its face visor is made from polycarbonate, and the steel mesh provides iron-clad protection against any damaging debris.
These are lightweight and easy to handle additions in its design which you can remove when you are not working by merely swiping them up.
- Durable Skull Fit: The helmet’s skull is certified for its efficiency as it is rock solid and can maintain its condition even when it is met with brute force. The manufacturers used soft plastic to line its inside and a foam-lined headband to provide the comfort they’ve promised to its users.
- Advanced Ear Protection: Neiko claims to protect all your four body parts exposed to the outcome of using a chainsaw. That is why they’ve used protective earmuffs that can reduce noise and signal to sound up to 22 and 25.2 decibels respectively.
One might think that wearing these earmuffs would be a burden, but they are not only lightweight but cushioned with soft fabric as well.
- Comfortable Wear: No need to fret over the size of your helmet as Neiko safety helmet is made to accommodate all head sizes. It conveniently allows you to adjust its circumference by a dial knob.
- Lightweight & comfortable
- Enhanced durability.
- Double face protection.
- Certified to meet ANSI S12.42/S3.19 standard
- Approved by CE EN352-3
- No mention of a warranty.
- Skull is made from hard plastic; hence, it hurts.
- Wrong assembly instructions.
STIHL Woodcutter Helmet
STIHL has been cementing its position as the best-selling chainsaw brand since 1971. They specialize in providing their customers with reliable outdoor power tools. These tools are for forestry and agriculture and can be used for either commercial or personal use for maintaining your garden and the landscape around your house.
They have been distributing their countries in around 160 countries through its established network of reliable dealers. Aside from this, they simplify the production process of many construction companies.
STIHL woodcutter helmet is one of their most sought after products. They have designed it to ensure the safety of the wearer; hence, they don’t back out of taking responsibility in case of a mishap.
Features of STIHL Woodcutter Helmet:
- All-in-One Protection: STIHL woodcutter helmet is no different than any other chainsaw helmet. It has an impact resilient helmet, a face mesh, and protective earmuffs to protect your head, face, and ears respectively.
You can adjust the position of the mesh as you see fit as well as change the fitting of your helmet over your skull. Its protective earmuffs are efficient in keeping the noise to minimum levels.
- Comfort & Ventilation: STIHL hasn’t forgotten to make their customers feel at ease while working; hence they used soft material in the helmet’s lining and earmuffs. Furthermore, it has included air vents to keep your head cool and calm.
- Keeps your head cool.
- Resilient against brute force.
- Comfortable to wear.
- OEM product.
- Lack of warranty.
- Fixed position of the visor.
- Delayed shipping.
Husqvarna ProForest Chainsaw Helmet
Husqvarna is a leading manufacturer of outdoor power products and is based in Sweden. It uses expert opinions and input to accommodate people with different levels of skills. Do not let its flexibility to help everyone delude you as it still maintains the ability about its design to please professionals.
The legacy of Husqvarna is more than three centuries old, yet they keep moving ahead with their revolutionary and innovative designs. If you choose Husqvarna as your brand of choice, you can rest assured about the quality of the product you’ll purchase.
Knowing the esteem that Husqvarna holds, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to find its ProForest chainsaw helmet in our “best chainsaw helmet” list.
Features of Husqvarna ProForest Chainsaw Helmet:
- Protection from Ultra-Violet Rays: When you work with a chainsaw under the scorching heat of the sun, then you are bound to be exposed to harmful ultra-violet radiations. These radiations can cause several health complications and hinder your healthy life.
The skull of Husqvarna ProForest chainsaw helmet is resilient against ultra-violet rays and can repel their harmful before they reach your head.
- Increased Adjustability: Each person has a different head size, which means manufacturers can’t use a standard mold to produce all their heads.
To combat this problem of size and adjustability, Husqvarna has included six suspension points in their ProForest chainsaw helmet for increased adjustability.
- Ultimate Face Protection:
In their haste to be edgy in their design, Husqvarna didn’t forget the purpose of manufacturing this helmet, and that is to provide complete safety to its wearer. That is why including a face screen and a rain neck protector in its design was inevitable.
These two additions combined can deflect any stray splinter and debris that dares go near your face and eyes.
- Hearing Protectors: Chainsaw and noise go hand in hand as the machine produces unpleasant sounds during its operation. Human ears are sensitive so such sounds, and they should be protected against them meticulously.
Husqvarna’s ProForest chainsaw helmet has an NRR hearing protector that can withstand noise up to 25 dB.
- Ultra-violet protection.
- Face & neck safety.
- It reduces noise pollution.
- Visor hinders vision while working under in daylight.
- Hard to align visor with the face screen
- No warranty.
TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet
TR industries is not a single name that should be praised for the products it provides in the market. It has several subordinate or collaborators that work under a different name to facilitate their customers’ needs. Its area of expertise contains excellent raw material and compounds for various production sectors under it.
They have been around since the 1970s and are steadily expanding their reach outside of California. They pride themselves to incorporate innovation and stability in their products in perfect harmony.
The forestry safety helmet produced by TR Industrials stays true to its ambition. It is user-friendly, efficient and above all has a vote of confidence from those who have used it until now.
Features of TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet:
- 5 Way Protection: TR Industrial forestry safety helmet is the best chainsaw helmet you can buy for yourself. Its skull protection is unbeatable, so does its face protection. It uses not only a face mesh but a visor too to protect your face from hazardous debris and wreckage.
The protective earmuffs make sure that your ears are safe from the noise pollution caused by the chainsaw. Its SNR and NRR abilities are certified for their competence.
- Adjustable Circumference: Being able to adjust this protective helmet over your head to fit its size might come in handy when you work. With the help of a dialing knob, you can change its circumference from 52 to 62 centimeters which translates to 22 to 24.5 inches.
- Varied operation.
- Rated by Z89.1-2003 ANSI.
- Certified by ANSI and CE.
- All-in-one protection.
- 1-year warranty.
- Prone to breakage in a short period.
- Earmuffs lining falls off.
- Flimsy head strap.
Buying a chainsaw helmet is not as easy as it seems. Even if you spend hours on the internet searching the most efficient chainsaw helmet, you will find yourself confused at the end of your research.
Firstly, you won’t be able to differentiate among the various models of the same brand and gauge their relevancy. For instance, Husqvarna has not one but many variations in its chainsaw helmet series which leaves customers stumped.
Secondly, reading reviews might lead you astray as everyone has their preference. We have tested the efficiency and protection level of all the helmets listed above for your convenience. Each one of these helmets guarantees all-in-one protection for your ears, face, and head.
We know that choosing a protection helmet for yourself is a matter of preference. Some people prefer comfort over durability, while others prefer noise deflection over face protection. But what if we tell you that the helmets listed above can entertain all kinds of preferences?
Every product listed above has proved to be worthy of being in it because of its maximum productivity as a safety tool.